Online Bidding Frequently Asked Questions
How can I participate in online bidding?
Anyone can participate in the auction. To participate in the auction, you must register on our online auction. Please include your mobile phone number while registering for the event. Once registered, you will receive your bidder link via email and/or text message. Click on the link to start bidding.
What are the benefits of online bidding?
- Once bidding starts, you will be alerted on your mobile device when you have been outbid, so you can instantly respond with another bid.
- Bidding can occur at any location, whether you are at home or at work.
- All auction bidding will be tracked and displayed in real-time.
- At the end of the auction, the checkout process will run efficiently because your credit card information will have been entered into our system when you registered to bid.
Will this work on all mobile devices?
- Yes, you can bid with any mobile device.
- With smartphones and tablets, you can browse, search, and bid via a web browser.
- When registering your mobile device, you will be provided a custom URL for bidding purposes.
- With standard mobile phones, you can bid and receive alerts via text messaging.
Do you keep my credit card on file after the event?
- No. You will only be charged if you make a donation or are the winning bidder on an auction package. Greater Giving is a PCI-Level 1 Compliant credit card processing company. Your card information is securely stored and then removed from our database after the event.
- If you don't want us to charge your card, please call us at 541-426-4524 x1031 and we will accept a check or cash to pay for your winning auction item. You do have to provide a credit card to register to bid on the auction.
Online Bidding Highlights
- Online Bidding allows for a completely paperless bidding system and for anyone to participate in the auction.
- You are able to use the technology you already know ..... your own smartphone or tablet (iPad, Samsung Galaxy, etc) or computer.
- It is fun and easy.
- You are notified via text when you are outbid and can rebid immediately from your phone.